Part of our Spring Workshop Series
These series of workshops, offered twice a year, provide parents and caretakers a more academic look at the multi-faceted issues surrounding autism. This is why these workshops are also offered to professional and paraprofessional educators in the area who wish to better understand their own students with autism. They are offered free for family members and primary care givers of individuals with ASD, and are $65 per workshop ($150 for all three) to interested professionals and paraprofessionals. All are held at our Kingston location.
About this Workshop
This workshop focuses on ideas and strategies for creating and using visual supports to help with everyday activities and learning. Participants in this workshop will learn:
- Why we use visual supports
- The benefits of using visual supports in all areas of life
- How to select appropriate visual supports
- How to select between pictures, words and symbols
- Our favorite tools and materials to help create visual supports
- Other visual supports to assist with communication
- How to effectively introduce visual supports
Workshops are free for family members and primary care givers of individuals with ASD.
To RSVP, please email Leah Siuta with the workshops you will attend.
Workshops for interested professionals and paraprofessionals and are $65 per workshop ($150 for all three).
To register for all three workshops: Click Here.
To register for two workshop: Click Here.
To register for a single workshop: Click Here.
All are held at our Kingston location.
Presented by Serena Rutella, Special Educator